Mercedes Accident Avoidance Features were given a darkly comedic treatment in Grand-Prix-winning radio advertising campaign recognised at Cannes International Festival of Creativity this year. Three spots, “Bud”, “Love” and “Toby”, explore ways in which accidental life crossings can lead to ongoing encounters with frightening characters with bizarre results, all avoidable with Mercedes Lane Assist, Blind Spot Assist and Attention Assist.




We met in a little in a little head-on collision. Now I’m Ted’s best and only friend. When I draw my curtains in the morning he’s there. He sent me his hair cuttings, and a bathmat lovingly woven from navel fluff. He likes to call often and say things like: “You have toothpaste on your left cheek” and “I like those boxers you’re wearing”. For my birthday, he sent me a half sheep and 27 emotionally-fraught mix tapes. He is intimately acquainted with the contents of my bin. I know he’s touched his earbuds. And he likes to knit things for me too. Things like ponchos, cat suits and eye patches. To think, if I’d been driving a Mercedes-Benz with Lane Assist, that nifty accident avoidance system, we never would’ve met. No accident, no new friend and no hidden camera in the shower.



We met by accident, me and Janine. She was in my blind spot and I didn’t even see her. Now we see each other the whole time. Right off the bat, she told me “I can’t wait to mother your children”, and I said “How did you get into my house?” Now she whistles love songs to me as she cleans her gun. I think she’s had me micro chipped because I once woke up groggy on a vet’s table and because I beep every time I exit a shop. Airport security has become unbearable. She eats buffalo wings without spitting out the bones. None of her shirts have sleeves. She knows stuff about me that I haven’t even told her. Mostly banking codes. And I’m pretty sure she sleeps with her eyes open. To think, if I’d been driving a Mercedes-Benz with Blind Spot Assist, one of their smart accident avoidance systems, we never, never would’ve met. No accident, no relationship and no taxidermy Tuesdays.



Toby von Hubert and I met quite by accident. I was his first ever human friend. It all began when he gave me a selection of cheeses lovingly made by his own hand. To say thank you, I agreed to one Cluedo game. Now there isn’t a night that goes by that I don’t get guilted into an evening with Colonel Mustard. Toby used to be a prolific hand model. I’ve seen all his work, left and right – ’89 through 2010. Sometimes, when I’m at the office, he sneaks into my home and sews elbow patches onto all my Jackets. He say’s they’re a sign of breeding. Even Toby’s bathing costume has elbow patches. Thing is, if I’d been driving a Mercedes-Benz with Attention Assist, that smart driver fatigue prevention system, we never would’ve met. No accident, no blood brotherhood and no Colonel Mustard in the conservatory with the candlestick.


Credits

The Accident campaign was developed at Net#work BBDO, Johannesburg, by executive creative director Rob McLennan, creative directors/scriptwriters Jenny Glover and Brent Singer, agency producers Tanja Rae and Natalie Sutton, account supervisor Karen Carr. The ads were produced at First#Left Johannesburg, by producer Tanja Rae and sound engineer David Law. Ads were first aired on 5FM and 702.


i wish i could fully understanding this grand prix radio ads, after i listened again and again, i am basically understand, and for sure, it is good for me, esspecially the violin as backgroud music.

0 comments: